With shocking statistics of what gets thrown away at Christmas time, we can all do our bit to have a Greener Christmas rather than a landfill Christmas. Waste Minister Dan Rogerson said:”This Christmas, Britain will generate millions of tonnes of rubbish and it doesn’t need to end up in landfill.” Louise Bowe, from WRAP’s recycling campaign, Recycle Now, added: It’s really quick and easy to check what can be recycled where you live – just pop your postcode into www.recyclenow.com or check on your local council website. “The materials we recycle have real value – take a look at the Recycle Now website to see how your rubbish gets turned into new things! It’s definitely worth checking at any time of year to make sure we are recycling everything we can.”
TOP 12 CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE FAVOURITES AT SUSTAINABLE INTERIOR DESIGN
1. For Art Collectors With A Conscious
A signed Artist print from £300 by Ephemera35 who use 100% recycled paper and donate to WaterAid and The WoodlandTrust. ephemera35.com
2. For Earthy Reflection Lovers Rose Gold Mirror in various sizes from £55 by British Female Sustainable Furniture Designer & Maker Tortie Hoare . tortiehoare.com
3. For Man’s Best Friend Stylish Luxury Dog Bed from a selection at Weaver Green starting at £185 made from 100% recycled plastic bottles that are stain-resistant and machine washable. weavergreen.com
4. For The Eco Minded Out To Lunch Stylish Plastic Free Stainless Steel Lunch Box at £17.95 by Eco Gift & Homewares Store Home of Juniper. homeofjuniper.co.uk
5. For Coffee Lovers & Tree Huggers This reusable insulated coffee cup By The Woodland Trust is made from recycled cups and you will be helping to Save Trees. Every year the UK throws away 2.5 billion coffee cups, almost all aren’t recyclable. Their rcup – made from recycled coffee cups at £11.99 shop.woodlandtrust.org
6. For Wine Lovers Rustic Reclaimed Wood Wine Rack From The Unique Gift Company, who make furniture and gifts from reclaimed wood from £47.50 theuniquegiftco.co.uk
7. Eco-Luxury Pampering Ultimate home pampering with this luxury organic cotton bathrobe, in a luxuriously thick 500 GSM. £69.99 Made from 100% organic cotton. In a soft, pure natural, our luxury organic cotton bathrobe is soft, fluffy and absorbent exclusively by Fou Furnishings ® who offer the highest quality organics linens for hotels and residential interiors. foufurnishings.com
8. For Budding Chefs For those budding little MasterChefs of the future, we love this plastic-free wooden kitchen utensil set at £8.95 made from sustainable beech wood, sourced from European Forests, presented in ethically sourced gift boxes from Home of Juniper homeofjuniper.co.uk
10. For Ethical Gift Discounts Shop Ethically and save money at Ethical Revolution a site that offers many savings on listed ethical brands. ethicalrevolution.co.uk
11. For Upcycle Lovers For a selection of upcycled gifts for the home from The Queen of Upcycling, Chris Billinghurst’s Members at UpcycleHour.co.uk
12. For Eco Escapists For those that want to get away from the tinsel and mince pies, book an escape to one of these Sustainable Holiday experiences by Earth Changers. Our favourite this sustainable luxury eco-lodge retreat in Costa Rica. Enquire for prices. earth-changers.com
That’s A Wrap !
Have a Wonderful Christmas and Remember to Recycle and Reuse to reduce landfill in the UK.